Saturday, June 1, 2013

So i tried editing...

and the keyword is: tried

I felt guilty that the boyfriend has been doing all the blog work - the editing, layouting, designing, etc- so I thought, "Hey, if he can self study it, I could, too."

And so maybe I forgot the tiny detail that he spent more than 30 min (which was the time I allotted) just to understand and execute html successfully. I was quite excited to try and design this blog AND I meant well, so what could go wrong, right?

Go out of your comfort zone and be daring with this fun outfit
Guess what? After innocently editing an html in the pages part (I just added /frolichearts to the fb page), I viewed the blog and.. the WHOLE menu bar was missing! So I did what any self-respecting noob in her right mind would do: I panicked. Panicked, told my boyfriend, and wished he won't be that mad. *fingers crossed* I mean, it took him hours just to get it right and it took me, what around 10 minutes, to ruin the page. I knew I was good, but I never knew I was that good.

He laughed at me. Told me I should fix it (and I did!) and asked if I had back up. Argh. I never even thought of making back up because I avoided the html editing part. So here's a shout out to all you guys trying your hands in html editing. Make a back up - even when you think you don't really need it.

Honestly, this is why I prefer the finance, logistics, and sales strategy part of business: it's my comfort zone. Well, kudos to me for trying, though this fiasco made me appreciate my awesome boyfriend's creativity more. Or not. I feel challenged.

How about you? When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone? :)

Tschüs!
Me :)

0 insights:

Post a Comment

Share

TwitterFacebook Tumblr Pinterest Favorites More